The lists are arranged by chassis number. Each 164 has a unique chassis number, see modcod.html for more information!
In the list you'll find the following:
1. Chassis number
2. Type number
3. the color/interior code
4. Last known registration number
5. "X" indicates that the car has been crushed. (Probably many more crushed than we know about....)
6. First registration date (YYMMDD)
7. Some Volvo code in the Swedish car register that we haven't been able to figure out yet...
8. Engine size in kW
9. The country that the car is registrated in.
10. Any former registration number (Swedish unless nothing else is written).
11. Any other notes about the car (changed engine, converted into a "165" and so on)
12. Link to a page with pictures and, in some cases, more information.
Unknown codes are replaced by "xxx".
Unknown registration number is replaced by "??".
If no country is specified, the registration number is Swedish. Otherwise the country is specified.
103571, 4561A, 117/967, BC12345, X, 731127, VO000954, 118, Norway, AMK788, 162, 103571.html
This means a 164 with chassis number 103571 type number 4561A, color code 117, interior code 967, registration number BC12345, crushed X, registered November 27 1973 731127, unknown code VO 000954, 160 hp DIN (118 kW DIN) 118, the car is in Norway, former Swedish registration number was AMK788 (can be one or more, Swedish unless nothing else is written), converted into a "162", and there is a page with more info to look at 103571.html.
Due to Swedish laws we are not allowed to even mention the owners name if he or she hasn't given us permission to do it.
That's why there are no information about owners on most of the cars...... We had information about ownership of most Swedish cars but had to erase all that before putting the list on Internet!
We need LOTS of information from all you Volvo 164 lovers around the world to get this list to rock! Look in all your old car papers and see if you can find something that belongs on this list! And if you want us to make a special page about just your car, tell us about it ! If you want to send us a picture, make it a JPG. Also, PLEASE name the file something other than VOLVO.JPG! It makes it hard to find the correct file..... Name it with the chassis number of the car to be sure that we will not misplace the picture!!!
Be sure to include the chassis number, the type code, the color code, the interior code and any other information you want on the list. Also if you know of any cars by chassis number that have been crushed, junked, or parted out, please let us know. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!
E-mail & adress
Back to our main page
Tillbaka till vår huvudsida